How to make a scarecrow on Shrovetide with your own hands?
It is impossible to imagine a carnival without pancakes onpaired milk and of course, stuffed. On this holiday, various festivities and feasts are prepared, which end with the burning of the stuffed pancake week, which you will not buy in a regular store. In order to understand how to make a scarecrow on Shrovetide with your own hands, let's imagine what it can be made of.
It should be noted that the scarecrow can be made from paper, straw and even from an old large doll.
In order to make a scarecrow on Shrovetide with his own hands made of paper, the following materials must be prepared:
- bright ribbons,
- old magazines and newspapers,
- toilet paper,
- two wooden bars of different length,
- old clothes,
- markers and markers.
You can make a small and large doll. It should be noted that even a child can make a small doll. Let's start to make it.
To begin with, we connect by thread twosmall strips of cardboard crosswise. Then wrap it with toilet paper in the area of the joint and make a head. Cut out a white dress for a scarecrow, and from a paper of a different color, make an apron. After that, "dress" the scarecrow and bandage the apron with a bright ribbon. Cut out a small square of paper and glue it on the doll's head as if you are tying a real shawl to it. Relive your scarecrow, draw with the help of multi-colored markers face.
To make a big doll, you need to go through the following steps:
- First, we connect two wooden blocks in the form of a cross, fix it with wire;
- Take old newspapers and magazines, and make them a ball that will perform the function of the head, then attach the ball with the help of ropes and wire.
- We wrap the head and neck of a scarecrow with toilet paper;
- We dress an old woman's shirt and skirt on the doll, then we stuff the shirt with paper.
- After that, use the marker to make the doll a human face: draw the eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks.
Stuffed with straw
If you want to make a scarecrow on Shrovetide with your own hands from straw, then prepare:
- a large amount of straw (if you do not have it, use brooms or dry grass),
- two dry wooden beams,
- a light linen bag for the head and hands,
- scarf and dress,
- nitrate, diluted with water.
A straw scarecrow is made according to the principle of a garden scarecrow.
- We connect two wooden bars crosswise.
- We tie the straw with ropes to the base, creating a body of stuffed animals.
- We stuff a straw into a sack and tie it or sew it on the bottom side. Then put a bag on the head of a scarecrow and tie it with a rope. Bind a bright shawl over the burlap.
- Put a shirt and a skirt on the doll. And if the grass starts to fall from below, sew the lower part of the skirt.
- To create hands, use 2 smalllinen bag filled with straw. Tie them to the ends of the short beam and cover this connection with the sleeves of the shirt to simulate real upper limbs.
- Draw your face with a beautiful face: ruddy cheeks, red lips, while eyes are usually closed in accordance with custom.
- If you have yellowish fabric, cut out long strips of the same size and twist two braids that are sewn under the kerchief.
- We soak our scarecrow with saltpetre and dry it well.
- We burn a scarecrow on the last day of the carnival.
In order to properly make a stuffed carnival and not harm yourself and the environment, you should consider the following:
- Do not use ordinary scotch, when burning, it releases harmful substances;
- Do not dress up a scarecrow in clothes made from fabrics with an unpleasant odor, because during the feast the children will dance dances;
- Do not place a scarecrow near an apartment building, in order to avoid a fire;
- Put out all the coals and clean up after yourself.
If you want to make a scarecrow stuffed with your own hands of paper or straw, but are afraid that you will not succeed, use a video or photo that will be your visual instruction.