Kebab: what it is and how to cook it correctly
Every hostess in the East knows how to cook kebabs. What is it and why is a dish with such an unusual name still very popular?
Eastern cuisine can not be imagined without meat. From this product, experienced chefs prepare many interesting and tasty dishes. Take kebab for example. What it is? Many novice cooks ask this question. In fact, this is the generic name for roasted meat dishes, which are well known to people in the Caucasus, the Middle East and Central Asia. And each nation has its own method of preparation. From here and there were all sorts of its varieties:
- Shish-kebab (strips of meat, roasted on a spit). Armenians call it shish kebab, Greeks - souvlaki, and Indonesians - sate. Lamb, chicken or beef are commonly used for cooking.
- Doner kebab is a traditional Turkish dish. Pieces of meat are strung on a rod and fried near hot coals, and then carefully cut thin strips along the edges with a sharp knife. The Arabs call it shawarma, and the Greeks call it gyros.
- Kiebali.Balkan peoples know him as Chevapchichi. These are grilled sausages made from ground or minced meat.
- Lyulya-kebab - minced meat, fried on skewers.
About two dozen varieties of this popular dish are known. Where did his name kebab come from? What is it really? It turns out that the name of the dish is a Persian word. It, in turn, was borrowed from the ancient Akkadian language and in translation means “charring” or “burning”. From here it becomes clear the technology of cooking the product itself.
In Turkey, locals love to cook Adana Kebab. This dish in the country ranks second in popularity. In any institution you can always order adana-kebab. What is it and how to cook it properly? First, to work you need to collect all the necessary ingredients:
- 600 grams of minced meat;
- 1 pod of sweet pepper;
- 20 grams of butter;
- half a tablespoon of cumin and coriander;
- olive oil;
- tablespoon bieber.
The whole process consists of several stages:
- It is better to take the stuffing from a mixture of beef and lamb meat. It must be put in a deep bowl.
- Add chopped onion, spices, oil and bieber.
- Introduce chopped sweet pepper.
- Pepper and add to taste a little salt.
- From the prepared mixture to form oval-shaped patties.
- Lubricate their surface with vegetable oil.
- Bake on the grill until tender. If a home oven is used, then 15 minutes is enough.
Turks usually serve this dish with pita bread, onion salad and baked tomatoes.
In Russia, various Oriental dishes have long been part of the menu of many cafes and restaurants. Among them, perhaps the most popular is lula kebab. What is this dish and how to cook it?
First of all, it is necessary to select the components necessary for work:
- 1 kilo of lamb;
- 4 onions;
- 30 grams of salt;
- 300 grams of fat tail;
- tablespoon dried basil powder;
- 5 grams of ground black pepper;
- a little garlic, greens and any seasoning.
Cooking kebab, in principle, is not difficult:
- First you need to cook the stuffing. To do this, chop the fat and meat, and then add the rest of the ingredients in the recipe.
- Knead the resulting mass thoroughly for half an hour and repel a little.
- Stuffing should stand for at least 60 minutes in the refrigerator. During this time, he will have time to soak in spices.
- Wet hands with salted warm water, strung ready minced meat on skewers.
- Fry on the grill, turning occasionally until a characteristic golden brown appears on the surface of the meat.
Such an unusual minced meat shish kebab is usually cooked in about 12 minutes. Although everything will depend on how hot the coals turn out to be and whether the sausages themselves are correctly formed.