M500, cement: technical specifications, application, labeling and reviews
Cement is always used as the main component for the manufacture of building mixtures. On the modern market provided many of its varieties, each of which has its own characteristics. However, of all the variety, the product with the mark M500 (the highest quality cement) is considered to be the most demanded. What is its advantage, what characteristics it has and where this material is used, we consider in this article.
How is M500 cement made?
If you carefully examine the packaging of the dry mix, it becomes clear that this building material is made of lime, silicon dioxide, aluminum, gypsum and iron oxide.
In the process of cement production, all components are thoroughly ground into fine chips and mixed in certain proportions. At the exit, the manufacturer gets finely ground mineral powder, having a gray-green hue.
Manufacturing technology is strictly controlled by GOST 10178-85, so that the product is characterized by the highest quality. However, despite the unsurpassed performance, the cost of cement M500 is very democratic, so he deserved great popularity among developers.
Scope of application
Today, Portland cement is actively used for the following purposes:
• for arrangement of a roadbed;
• during the construction of monolithic reinforced concrete structures;
• in the construction of dams, moorings and other hydraulic structures;
• to quickly create a formwork for the foundation;
• when arranging runways at aerodromes;
• to create beams, floor slabs and other structures of special reliability;
• during emergency repairs of emergency structures;
• to create eurofences and paving slabs;
• for arrangement of the bases on sites with a high level of water.
On the basis of Portland cement today produce mixtures necessary for the implementation of masonry work, heavy concrete and mortar for plastering surfaces.
In addition to the construction industry, M500 products (white cement) are used to create various decorative elements. Complex statues, columns, facing materials for facades and other elements used in landscape design are made of it.
The main properties of the material
Great demand and consumer confidence in cement (of this type) has earned due to its high strength. Index 500, present in the labeling of the material, says that the frozen solution is able to withstand loads of up to 500 kg per square centimeter. That is why in some cases the mixture of M500 (cement) is simply irreplaceable.
Calcium silicates, which are part of the product, endow it with resistance to sharp temperature fluctuations and prevent the appearance of cracks in the erected structures. The material is not afraid of frost and very quickly gains strength, which allows to carry out work on concreting surfaces, even in winter.
According to consumers, we can conclude that the mixture also has such qualities as:
• resistance to corrosion and corrosive environments;
• excellent resistance to strong mechanical loads;
• complete lack of interaction with moisture;
• minimal shrinkage;
• good elasticity;
• quick setting.
In order for the above properties to be maintained during the operation of a product made from Portland cement, it should not be mixed with other brands, since in this case the material M500 (cement) loses its original characteristics.
The information provided by the manufacturer on the packaging of the dry mixture indicates the following product indicators:
• maximum compressive strength - 49-50 MPa (occurs at 28 days after pouring the solution);
• maximum bending strength - 6.7-6.9 MPa (after 4 weeks, and depends on the modification of cement);
• time of complete setting of the solution - 3-4 hours;
• full hardening of the surface after 28 days;
• in the closed package the mixture can be stored for up to 1 year;
• density - 3000 - 3200 kg per cubic meter;
• radioactivity - class 1 (up to 370 Bq / kg);
• expansion (when the solution hardens) - up to 10 mm;
• bulk density - 1000 kg per cubic meter;
• bulk density of the material in the compacted state - 1600 kg per cubic meter.
The fineness of all components of the mixture is 92%.This indicator has a direct impact on the setting speed of the finished solution - the smaller the fraction, the less time it takes to solidify.
These characteristics allow us to conclude that cement M500 (the price of which pleasantly surprises) meets all domestic standards and rightfully bears the title of a high-class product.
Varieties of portland cement
Cement of this brand is divided into two main types: standard composition M500 D0 and modified product M500 D20.
The first variety is characterized by the absence of additional components in the composition, that is, the mixture is presented in pure form. Such cement is used in industrial and large-scale construction, since it is most resistant to frost, moisture, and various mechanical effects.
Marking M500 D20 says that in the mixture there are various additives, the total amount of which is within 20% of the total mass. This cement has all the above positive properties, but is more resistant to corrosion. When carrying out large-scale and minor repairs, the masters use just such M500 cement.The price (kg, tons and bag) of this variety is slightly higher, due to the large number of components of the mixture.
What do the additional letters in the product label say?
When purchasing Portland cement of this variety, you should pay attention to the presence of additional symbols in its labeling. They point to the special physical and technical properties of the material and clarify the scope of its application. In the title you can see the following letters:
• Н - during the production of the material a normalized amount of clinker was used;
• B - cement is characterized by a very fast setting and can be used to eliminate water accidents;
• PL - plasticizers added to the mixture, giving the solution resistance to sub-zero temperatures;
• VRTS - cement resists water, hardens very quickly and can be used for emergency repair of cracks and crevices;
• GF - hydrophobic material practically does not absorb moisture;
• BC is a white blend designed for artwork;
• CC - cement has a high resistance to sulfates and other aggressive media;
• SHPTs - indicates that the composition contains a lot of additives, and their number exceeds the figure of 20%.
Focusing on the use of the material, you should choose the most suitable cement M500. The price of each variety is different, but its difference, as a rule, is not very significant.
In what form can you buy Portland cement?
This product is marketed as a dry powder that needs to be diluted with water immediately before starting work. On construction sites, cement M500 is sold in bags. The mass of one package can be 45 and 50 kg (depending on the type of mixture).
If the material is needed for large-scale construction, it is better to take it in large commercial enterprises and directly from the manufacturer. In this case, the buyer has the opportunity to purchase a mixture of tons, with delivery to the construction site.
Of course, the most important criterion that interests every reader who decides to buy M500 cement is the price of 50 kg of a bag of mixture. As already mentioned, the product does not belong to the class of expensive materials and is quite accessible to the ordinary buyer.
The cost of one bag may vary slightly depending on the region of sale, but on average varies from 140 to 280 rubles. The exact price for this product can be obtained from the manufacturer in your city or on the websites of trading companies.
Sellers to wholesale buyers who buy bulk cement M500 in bulk form are called a slightly different price. Retail and wholesale are always distinguished by price tags, and this is no exception.
To date, the average cost of one ton of B grade mixture is 2,700 rubles. Cement, in the production of which the normalized amount of clinker was used, will have a price tag of about 3,100 rubles per ton of weight. Compositions of white color will cost the buyer a little more expensive.
Cement M500 (50 kg and bulk) is very popular due to the fact that the solutions made on its basis, very quickly set, and the designs are durable and durable. Applying Portland cement in large-scale construction, developers significantly reduce the time of construction of buildings and labor costs of workers. Low cost and excellent performance characteristics of the material contribute to the expansion of its scope and increase in demand,which means we will see the product M500 for a long time on the shelves of the domestic stalls.
We hope the above information was useful to you, and in this article you have found answers to all your questions. Successful to you purchases and fast construction!