Medicinal preparation "Seduxen". Instructions for use, contraindications
The medicinal preparation "Seduxen" refers to the pharmacological group of tranquilizers (anxiolytics). The active substance of the drug is diazepam.
In addition to the main substance in the formulation"Seduxen" includes auxiliary components: magnesium stearic acid, aerosil, talc, lactose monohydrate. The form of the drug is a tablet and ampoule with a solution for injection (intravenous or intramuscular).
In order to inform about all pharmacological properties of Seduxen, the instruction manual contains the following description:
- myorelaxing, sedative, anticonvulsant;
- affects neurovegetative functions;
- reduces the secretion of gastric juice at night.
"Seduxen" is characterized by rapid absorption,after 90 minutes, the maximum value of the drug is reached in the blood plasma, good penetration through the placenta is observed, it reaches the cerebrospinal fluid and is excreted in breast milk. "Seduxen", metabolized in the liver, is excreted through the kidneys.
You should consult your doctor before taking Seduxen as a medicinal product, the instructions for use of which contain the following indications:
- all kinds of neuroses;
- neurotic and psycho-like conditions that have an anxiety syndrome in endogenous diseases;
- mental illness accompanied by motor anxiety;
- anxiety in psychosomatic states;
epileptic status expressed by frequent seizures;
- in pediatric practice - neurotic disorders;
- rigidity of muscles, spasms, contractures;
- diseases in which there is an increase in muscle tone, hyperkinesis, spasticity;
- all kinds of convulsive conditions, tetanus;
- premature birth or their threat due to muscular spasm (at the end of the 3rd trimester).
In addition to a large number of indications, there isseveral contraindications of the drug "Seduxen", the instruction for use warns that in the following cases, it is not recommended to take the drug:
- glaucoma (acute attack and closed-angle form);
- Myasthenia gravis;
- 1st trimester of pregnancy;
- Children under the age of six months.
There are some contraindications for pregnant women of the drug "Seduxen", the instruction for use also does not recommend its use in breastfeeding.
During treatment, Seduxen may experience side effects that you should know about beforehand:
- at the first stage of treatment, fatigue and drowsiness are possible, which disappear when the drug is completely discarded or the daily dosage is reduced;
- rarely there is ataxia, paradoxical reactions in the form of feelings of anxiety, agitation, sleep disturbances.
There is incompatibility with some otherdrugs of the drug "Seduxen", the instruction indicates the inadmissibility of use with tricyclic antidepressants, muscle relaxants, with drugs that have an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system. It is also unacceptable to use Seduxen's solution in one syringe with other medicines.
It is possible to overdose with the drug "Seduxen"a description of the symptoms of which is given in the manual, including coma, confusion, drowsiness, and oppression of reflexes. In such cases, gastric lavage and measures that increase blood pressure are recommended.
Dosage for the appointment of Seduxenis selected individually, depending on the response to the drug and on the patient's condition. It is recommended to begin reception from small doses, gradually resorting to their increase. A single dose should not be more than 10 mg. Especially cautiously it is necessary to approach to a choice of a dosage for children. It is forbidden to inject the drug intravenously, for adults, the time of administration of one dose should not be less than 1 minute, for children not less than 3 minutes, otherwise there may be apnea.