Paints "Tikkurila" for outdoor work on wood. Description and types of material
Concern "Tikkurila" - a major producerpaint and varnish materials intended for processing of wooden surfaces. In European countries, he is the leader among the manufacturers of this material.
Paints "Tikkurila" for outdoor work on woodwere created for severe northern conditions of Finland, therefore are the most effective in use. They perfectly protect against mechanical and atmospheric loads. Paints "Tikkurila" for outdoor work on wood prevent the formation of mold and fungi, they are resistant to burning out in the sun. Also reliably protect the surface, which they have processed, from the effects of climatic factors. This is an important property of this material. The tests show that the "Tikkurila" paints for outdoor woodwork, thanks to the three-layer system, which includes a priming antiseptic and 2 coats of finish paint, achieve maximum surface protection. With all the technologies of application, the service life of this material is more than 10 years.
Paints are divided into such as oil and water-based. Let's consider each variety in more detail:
- Oil paints are made on the basis of drying oil(product of chemical processing of vegetable oils). This material is much inferior to coatings based on film-forming alkyds. Oil paints dry for a long time, for several days the surface remains sticky. They also have insufficient gloss, strength and shorter service life.
- Alkyd-based paints do not have those flaws,which are oily. They dry quickly, and also have increased hardness. One such material is the paint "Tikkurila" for outdoor work on wood "Tejo" on an alkyd basis. Their high popularity is explained by the absence of streaks, a wide range of colors, quick drying. Therefore, these days they retain their leading positions in the oil paints market. "Tejo" is perfectly absorbed, and its surface is distinguished by its high durability. This material is recommended for painting of external surfaces, and also it can be used as a primer. But this is not the only product based on alkyd. There is also a primer material called Oljypohja. It is used to treat a wooden surface before applying acrylate or oil paint. Forming a dense film, it creates high water repellent properties, and, unlike dispersed materials, it penetrates more efficiently into the tree.
- Water-dispersible materials are extremelyresistant and quick to dry. In Finland, they have been used successfully for many years. The best binding agent for external use are acrylate dispersions that give the paint a high elasticity. Thanks to it, this material perfectly tolerates deformation of the substrate and atmospheric loads. Acrylate paints have a greater gloss compared to oil paints. Also, the color is much better preserved.
This type of material has the following subspecies:
- "Ultra Classic" is a polyacrylate paint with excellent water-repellent properties, which contributes to the excellent protection of the facade from rainwater.
- "Peak-Techo" is a water-soluble materialFor wooden exterior surfaces, which have high elasticity and weather resistance. It is endowed with excellent resistance to various kinds of fungi.
- "Vinha" is a "hybrid" material fromantiseptics and paints. The surface treated by it retains the visible structure of the tree. Also this material creates a monophonic matte coating, which has a long service life.
Along with all the advantages of the palette of paints"Tikkurila" surprises with its diversity. Everyone can choose the material of his own choice. You can also add that at present the most popular is the paint "Tikkurila" for wood, the price of which is relatively low and available to any consumer (from 200 to 5000 rubles, depending on the type of product and the capacity of its packaging).