Puff pastry tubes: recipes and options for toppings
"What to make for tea to your family and friends?" - if this question still torments you, it means that you have come to the right place! We offer some simple and relatively quick recipes from puff pastry, home or shop. Today you will learn how to make puff pastry tubes at home. We will talk about the different types of stuffing - sweet and diner, together we will understand the recipes and cooking.
Use ready-made puff pastry
To buy ready-made puff pastry in the store is easy. But not every hostess knows how to use it for its intended purpose. So, to make puff pastry tubes filled with store dough, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- take the quick-frozen dough out of the package onto a table or a cutting board sprinkled with wheat flour;
- leave for thawing for 1-2 hours - time depends on the relative temperature of the air in the room, if it is higher, the dough will quickly become elastic, and this consistency is needed for cooking;
- if you are using yeast dough, it should rise slightly;
- Roll out with a rolling pin and form the tubes.
After they are roasting in the oven and stuffing stuffing.
In order for smooth layers of puff pastry to come out of the soft layer, some of the pastry tools will be needed. Namely culinary metal cone or cylinder.
If you do not have this at hand, you can do it yourself. This will require a piece of thin cardboard and food foil. Cut a piece of cardboard for a cone or cylinder. Fold them in the correct shape and wrap in pieces of food foil so that the pieces hold.
Recipe for puff pastry at home
The classic version of the preparation of puff pastry at home does not involve the use of sugar. The dough is not sweet, but bland. It is very important for him to take only the highest quality wheat flour. It is defined by the "gluten strength". If you are not sure about the flour grade, add some potato starch. One tablespoonful of starch for 0.5 kg of wheat flour can increase the water-absorbing function, for which gluten is responsible.
So, for the recipe for homemade puff pastry will be required:
- 600 grams of wheat flour (+ 50 g for butter cakes);
- 200 ml of water;
- 400 grams of butter (solid, but not ice cream);
- one chicken egg;
- a couple pinches of coarse salt;
- on the tip of a knife citric acid.
How to cook:
- From water, eggs, salt, citric acid and flour knead the dough. It should be soft, elastic and uniform.
- Roll out the dough into a layer with a thickness of not more than 1 cm.
- Hands make a cake of butter and paned it in flour. Placed in the center of the test. The book covers its edges.
- Begin rolling dough to its original thickness. Again, close the book and roll out. Such folding and rolling should be 7-8. The dough is ready for further molding.
This recipe for the dough (or the option to shop) will be required for the preparation of sweet and snack tubs.
Sweet Tubes Recipe
What products are needed:
- a pound of puff pastry;
- three chicken eggs;
- a pinch of salt;
- a couple of pinches of vanilla powder;
- a glass of sugar;
- on the tip of the knife citric acid;
- 60 ml of boiled water.
Puff Pastry Tube Recipe:
- The dough in the recipe is used ready - home or store.Roll it thinly and cut it into strips about 1-2 cm wide. Coil the culinary cones or cylinders so that there is no space between the dough strips (otherwise the cream will later pass through the stuffing). Brush with whipped egg yolks and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the oven until rosy color.
- Almost all recipe is a cream for puff pastry tubes. To make it, mix the sugar and water in an enamel saucepan. Heat and boil until thick and to obtain a golden caramel mass - syrup. At the same time be sure to stir it.
- Separately, in a high container, mix egg whites with salt and vanilla. Start beating at the first mixer speed until white. Then gradually pour in the citric acid and beat it at a higher speed. You need to get a thick protein cream.
- In a cream at the first mixer speed, pour a thin stream of sugar syrup. So proteins are brewed and a complete protein cream for tubules is formed.
- Put the cream in a pastry bag and fill it with tubes.
Variants of sweet stuffing
Sweet cream for puff pastry tubes can be prepared according to another recipe:
- non-brewed variant - whipped mixture of boiled condensed milk with sugar and soft butter (fat content 82%);
- custard - grind four egg yolks with 200 grams of sugar and 2 tbsp. with spoons of wheat flour, add 0.5 liters of milk and boil the mass until thick, stirring with a whisk.
In both of these recipe creams, you can add more products to the finished dessert (puff pastry tubes with filling) was more original and interesting.
Cream Tubes with Pumpkin Recipe
What products are needed:
- 0.5 pastry (puff);
- 200 grams of pumpkin;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 50 ml of cream 33% fat;
- a pinch of vanillin;
- one egg;
- for registration of almond petals or pastry crumb.
- Prepare the dough and make blanks in the form of tubes, brush them with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar (or powder), put them on a baking sheet or wire rack and send to the oven at 180-200 ° С for 10-15 minutes;
- during this time, peel and grind pumpkin in mashed potatoes, mix with sugar and vanilla, cook until a homogeneous sweet mass - jam;
- whisk the cream separately into a thick mixture and add to the cooled jam;
- Stir from bottom to top, so that the pomp of the mass does not fall;
- remove rosy tubes from the oven and sprinkle them with almond petals or confectionery crumbs, allow the baking to cool, and then remove them from conical blanks;
- Put pumpkin cream in a pastry bag and fill them with straws.
Pumpkin cream can be prepared by gelatin using gelatin or agar-agar. If the first option is taken, then gelatin should be mixed with water before swelling, and then heated, but not boiling. Stir in the hot pumpkin mass before adding the cream.
Agar-agar is not afraid of high temperatures, so it can be added at the beginning of cooking pumpkin jam. The binding properties of this substance will only improve.
Additional ingredients in sweet tubes
In order to make sweet puff pastry tubes appetizing, it is recommended to add such additional ingredients to the filling:
- citrus peel;
- dried fruits;
- nut crumb;
- sesame seeds;
- sunflower seeds;
It is not recommended to overdo it with spices. For one recipe, 1-2 kinds of spices or seasonings will be enough - about a couple of pinches per 0.5 kg of sweet cream.
A sesame seed or chopped nuts are used not only in the cream, but also for sprinkling the tubes themselves before baking.
Since the recipes use unsweetened dough (remember that sugar or other sweet ingredients were not used in its preparation), puff tubules are perfect for a snack meal.
What products are needed:
- 0.5 kg puff pastry;
- 300 g minced chicken;
- onion head;
- 20 ml of sunflower oil;
- fresh tomato (or 50 grams of dried tomatoes);
- 30 grams of mayonnaise sauce;
- 1 tsp wheat flour;
- to taste salt;
- 20 grams of hard cheese;
- pinch of dry greens;
- chicken egg yolk.
How to cook:
- Start cooking puff pastry tubes. Roll out the layer and cut into thin strips, you can use a embossed knife. Wind the dough strips on special blanks and grease with yolk. Send to the oven on a baking sheet at 180 ° C to bake until cooked - ruddy color.
- Onions finely chop and fry with chicken minced meat in sunflower oil. Add crushed tomato, salt and dry herbs.
- Mix mayonnaise sauce with grated cheese and flour - season the chicken mince with this mixture. Stir.
- Stuff the still hot tubes tightly with minced meat and send back to the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Tubes with puff pastry cheese look more appetizing if a ruddy crust is formed on top of the filling.
Savory stuffing options
Puff pastry snack cakes can be made almostwith any filling:
- finely chopped smoked sausage bacon with fresh herbs and hard cheese;
- salad of crab sticks (or boiled squid) with rice, green onions, egg and unsweetened melted cheese;
- fresh vegetables (Chinese cabbage, cucumber, radish, sweet pepper), cut into strips and seasoned with sauce.
You can also cook the puff pastry with salmon. To do this, take: salted fish, cottage cheese (unsweetened), fresh herbs (for example, spinach) and pieces of baked egg.
In addition to these options, you can count a couple dozen of recipes for filling snacks dishes. One of them is a great option - puff pastry tubes with mushrooms. Fresh boiled mushrooms, fried champignons with chicken and cheese or pickled mushrooms (for example, mushrooms) are taken, additional ingredients are optional.
Snack Puff Tubes - Spices Selection
In the filling for snack ducts, spices are also selected according to individual taste. There may be such options:
- dried or fresh spicy greens;
- sesame seeds;
- ground pepper (or a mixture of peppers);
- Badyan or something else.
Now you know how to prepare the tubes at home.