Santa Lucia Railway Station in Venice
Venice is one of the most beautiful and romanticplaces in the world. Here you can see a wide variety of exhibitions and take part in amazingly interesting carnivals. Also in Venice is a large number of museums and historical attractions.
There are many ways to get into thisan amazing city. Let's list them: by plane, by bus, by train, by sea, by car. You can choose any most suitable option. One of the most popular and common is a train journey. The first thing that tourists see when they arrive in Venice on this type of transport are the railway station of Santa Lucia. After reading the article, you will learn many interesting facts about this place. And also get useful information about the railway station of Santa Lucia in Venice.
About how the building is arranged and what is in it,we will tell you a little later. And in the beginning a little history. Let's sit back and make a virtual trip to Santa Lucia in Venice. You will learn about this interesting place of much curious. We suggest you get acquainted with the following information:
- One of the cheapest ways to get to Venice is by rail.
- To build a station that would satisfy all the requirements of passengers, several best Italian architects worked on it at the same time.
- The building was erected for more than fifty years. Once in its place was an old church.
- The Santa Lucia railway station in Venice is considered one of the most modern buildings in the city.
- The building is built in such a way that passengers can rest more comfortably between waiting for the trains.
- Near the station there is a river pier, as well as a large number of shops where tourists can buy souvenirs.
Station Santa Lucia
Venice is a place to visitmore people on the planet Earth. Many of the tourists love to travel to this city by train. It is interesting to know, what are the advantages of this trip before other types of vehicles? You will be completely fascinated by the journey. Judge for yourself. The windows of the train will be beautiful landscapes:
- mountains covered with green trees and plants;
- river water surface;
- snow-white clouds, floating on the boundless sky and many other things.
In addition, this trip allows you to savecertain sums of money that can be spent on excursions and entertainment. The railway station connects two beautiful cities of Italy - Venice and Milan. From here daily leave and come tens of thousands of people from all over the country.
There are railway stations in many cities and populatedpoints. But, despite their common purpose, each of them has its own distinctive features. Let's take a look at the station of Santa Lucia. What is special about it? How comfortable and comfortable is it for passengers? We think that after listing its merits, these questions will be superfluous and irrelevant. So, this station is characterized by the following parameters:
- Ticket offices are located immediately at the entrance to the building.
- In several places of the railway station there are large scoreboards, where you can see all the necessary information about the arrival and departure of the desired train.
- Tickets can be bought not only in the ticket offices, but also special vending machines that are located on the territory of the building. The necessary information is provided to tourists in several foreign languages.
- The Santa Lucia station is located in the Venetianislands and the atmosphere here is completely unusual. The wind brings with it not the noise and dust of a big city (as in many places in the world), but the river's coolness and fresh air.
- At the station conditions for the movement of people with disabilities are created. In particular, there are special ramps for disabled wheelchair users.
- I want to note also the fact that the station has sixteen platforms, from which every fifteen minutes, trains leave and arrive.
- It is very easy to find a storage room. They are at the exit to the first platform. Opening hours from 06.00 to 23.00. Things can be left for a day or more.
- Many passengers note the cleanliness and comfort of the station facilities, as well as the railway platforms.
Tips for tourists
To make your trip memorable for a long time, and the rest was pleasant and carefree, we suggest you to remember the following information:
- The railway station of Santa Lucia in Venice is always crowded. In order not to waste precious time waiting and waiting in the ticket offices, use the ticket booking service via the Internet.
- The busiest time at Santa Lucia station is morning and evening. If you want to go somewhere without unnecessary fuss and confusion, then it's best to choose the daytime clock.
- To not be bored waiting for your train, you cango on an excursion and get acquainted with the nearby city sights. These include the cannon factory and the Jewish ghetto. You can also stroll along the waterfront of the city, which is located next to the station building.
- It's a good idea to spend time in the waiting room, in which there is a cafe, and trade memorable souvenirs and other products.
- It will be much more convenient for you if you walk around the city without things that you can put in storage.
- Be sure to make a photocopy of the passport before the trip. You will need it if you want to use the storage room.
From the airport to the station of Santa Lucia in Venice
Many tourists to get into one of theromantic cities of the world, choose an air mode of transport. But, having flown to Venice, it is necessary to find time to get acquainted with the historical center. It is here that the famous station - Santa Lucia is located. From here you can comfortably get to other Italian cities, and also make exciting trips to other countries of the world.
Santa Lucia in Venice is the place wherecreated everything for the convenience and comfort of passengers. It's nice to come here, and leaving causes sad emotions.