Solitary cysts of the kidney: symptoms, treatment and prevention
Cysts are referred to as benign formations,which contain the liquid inside. They can be found in most human organs. In appearance, a safe education can sometimes become dangerous, reborn into cancer.
For this reason, doctors keep such patients understrict control. Cysts respond to treatment, and if this does not happen, they are removed surgically. 10% of the total population have solidarity cysts in medical practice. Consider the features of such formations.
Characteristics of the disease
In modern medicine, a cyst is called anyA cavity that has walls of relatively healthy cells. Its dimensions may be different. For benign renal formations it is characteristic to have different sizes - from a few millimeters to several centimeters. The site of localization is the upper or lower part of the renal segment.
The term "solitary" means singlecysts. Solitary cysts of the kidneys are also called simple. Their shape is round, sometimes elongated (resembling an oval). Such formations do not have joints or constrictions. Inside is a serous fluid.
The disease affects men more often. Basically, there is a solitary cyst of the left kidney, rarely a right one. It is easily diagnosed with ultrasound.
Simple kidney cysts are divided into:
Depending on the location of the kidney cyst, the solitary can be:
- cortical (located in the cortical layer);
- subcapsular (located under the capsule of the organ);
- intraparenchymal (located in the thickness of the organ tissue);
- sinus (located close to the pelvis, but not connected to it);
- multilocular (has many chambers, but this kind of cyst is rare enough).
Principle of development
Acquired and congenital cysts have the samemechanism of development: the basis is the obstruction of the tubule, which leads to its stretching. If we talk about congenital pathology, then there may be a disruption in the relationship between the tubules that form during the development of the fetus in utero. Acquired cyst develops due to a violation of the outflow of urine along the tubule. This disorder is provoked by various diseases that a person can tolerate throughout life.
Medical science, although it does not stand still, is not yet exactly ready to answer the question: "Why are solitary cysts of the kidneys formed?" There are only assumptions from which they are repelled.
One of the reasons is a congenital anomaly. Even in the period of intrauterine development, there are some violations in the formation of ureters and kidneys, which provoke the formation of a simple cyst.
If we talk about the acquired cyst, the main reasons for its appearance are:
- any injuries of the kidneys;
- violation of the outflow of urine due to urolithiasis (concrements do not allow urine to normally exit);
- infectious diseases of the kidneys (some of them are secretive, without causing any suspicious symptoms).
Stagnation of urine for any reason leads to stretching the walls of the kidney, resulting in the formation of cysts. They can develop quickly, but the person does not feel anything at all.
Often the cyst of the renal solitary cyst developsasymptomatic for many years. It is discovered by chance, when a person is doing ultrasound of internal organs. If signs already appear, then in such cases, inflammation of the kidneys and at the same time formed cyst. Symptoms depend on the size of the cyst, as well as the concomitant diseases.
- When the cystic formation increases, it iscauses a man aching and pulling back pain (on the side where there is a cyst in the kidney), which have the property to increase after physical exertion. The same symptoms occur in any infectious kidney disease.
- When the cyst reaches a large size, thisleads to stagnation of urine. As a result, the inflammatory process increases, which is accompanied by an increase in body temperature. The person feels strong pains in a loin, in the bottom of a stomach or belly, it shiver. The released urine changes its consistency, becomes turbid.
- Cyst of the kidney solitary is usually not accompaniedsuppuration, but there are cases when the infection that accompanies provokes the formation of pus. As a result, the person becomes ill, the pains are localized not only in the lower back, but also spread to the abdomen. Painful sensations are very strong.
- If the amount of urine released is significantlydecreased, or urination ceased altogether, this is a signal for immediate contact with a doctor. Also, one of the dangerous symptoms is the appearance of blood impurities in urine.
- On the side where there is a cyst, a swelling can be felt. But not always this is a 100% guarantee of having a kidney cyst, sometimes such a symptom speaks of a true kidney tumor.
The cyst of the right kidney causes the same symptoms as the left kidney cyst.
Solitary cysts of the kidneys and hypertension are interrelated. BP renal genesis is one of the symptoms of the presence of neoplasm in the kidneys.
This disease is a urologist. Initially, the doctor must learn from the patient all the symptoms that disturb him when they arise. The doctor studies the history of all the diseases that a person suffered during life. To make an accurate diagnosis, the patient is assigned a checkup.
Basic diagnostic methods:
- general blood analysis;
- Urine examination for various indicators;
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder;
- CT and MRI;
- percutaneous puncture cystography.
A comprehensive survey helpsthe full picture, and also to pick up a necessary variant of medicinal therapy. Sometimes a patient refuses treatment, because education in the kidney does not bring him any discomfort, does not interfere with a full life. But the doctor is obliged to explain to the person about the risk of developing complications, which are very dangerous. If treatment of a solitary cyst of the kidney is not started on time, then it threatens with its rupture or suppuration. Therefore, it is so important to adhere to all the recommendations and appointments of a doctor.
If a patient is diagnosed with a solitary cystleft kidney, treatment of it, like the cyst of the right kidney, should be started immediately. First of all, the patient is prescribed drugs that reduce blood pressure, and also relieve inflammation. From the reception of such funds a person feels relief, because blood circulation in the kidneys improves, and also the urine outflow process is being established.
When joining a bacterial infectionantibiotics are always prescribed. Such appointments are possible if the size of the cyst does not exceed 5 mm. The patient is under constant surveillance. Also, drugs are selected individually for each individual, taking into account the general state of health and accompanying pathologies.
The operation is indicated in cases where the cystbegins to increase or has already reached a large size, significantly worsening the health, the work of the urinary system. Surgical intervention is performed depending on the situation, the location of the cyst (with a deep location of the formation of the kidney will be removed completely).
The main indications for the operation:
- severe pain in the patient, which give in the stomach and significantly impair the quality of life;
- large size of the cyst (over 4-5 cm), even if the organ at the same time works in full;
- the full functioning of the kidney is disturbed;
- urine became turbid;
- in urine there are admixtures of blood;
- rare urination;
- The cyst increases in size, which threatens to transform it into cancer;
- Cysts were caused by parasites.
Methods used to remove cysts:
- Puncture. The fluid that is in the cyst is pumped out, and a special drug is injected into its place. It affects the tissues in such a way that the cyst decreases in size and at the same time sticks together.
- Laparoscopy. This is one of the new and most effective methods. In the abdominal cavity, small incisions are made, through which special devices are introduced, with the help of which the removal of the formation is carried out.
- Standard operation. It is used in cases where the size of the cyst reaches a large size or there are suppuration.
Solitary cysts of the kidneys are not treated exceptionallymethods of traditional medicine. They go as a supplement to drug therapy. It is important that a person does not engage in self-medication, and consulted with a doctor about the possibility of applying a particular method. After all, sometimes at a glance, harmless herbs sometimes cause irreparable harm to health (the cyst can burst).
Popular traditional medicine that positively affects the functioning of the kidneys:
- decoction of parsley;
- fresh juice from burdock leaves;
- decoction from the rhizome of burdock;
- decoction from the root of the dog rose.
Now in general terms it is clear what thea solitary cyst of the kidney. The reasons and treatment of such pathology should be known to everyone, because of such a benign education is not insured by anyone. And in order to prevent the development of complications, rupture of the cyst, it is necessary to determine it in time. To do this, at least once a year to do ultrasound of the kidneys, as well as contact the doctor with the first suspicious symptoms.