"Two balls" - the same sneakers from the USSR.
So, friends, today there will be an interesting post about one cool and interesting thing -sneakers "Two balls". Yes, yes, these are the very Soviet sneakers that became one of the visual memes of the Soviet times - Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, musician Yegor Letov, Elektronik Syroyzhkin and even a wolf from “Well, wait a minute” in one of the cartoon appears in recognizable blue sneakers with a round white circle.
And in general - if you went to school during the USSR, then you almost certainly had such shoes. And now, “Two Balls” are back again - in an updated and improved form, which is very close to the original and practically does not differ from it. At the same time, the sneakers have orthopedic support for the feet and are comfortable for a wide leg — and such improvements are good news. By the way, pay attention to the fact that until September 20, the very “Two Balls” can be boughtwith a seasonal super discount of 50%, so I think my review of such shoes with such a price would be doubly interesting)
A few words about who and why is now releasing these sneakers.The Two Balls brand was resurrected by entrepreneur Yevgeny Raikov about two years ago - Yevgeny inspired the “socialist design” of shoes, which now looks like a topical vintage, plus Eugene tried to preserve the quality and durability of shoes - the new “Two Balls” being created in China (exactly the same as the old version) withstand several years of active socks without problems. By the way, the modern “Two Balls” are still being created in China, and the pads and patterns were recreated according to the original sneakers bought on avito.
So, in today's post - my review of those very blue"Two balls" (model 1969), a story about where to buy them, a story about the improvements of the recreated model, as well as a little surprise. In general, go under the cat, it is interesting. Welladd friendsDo not forget)
02. First, let's look at the packaging. Sneakers come here in such a beautiful white branded box with a logo, and the box itself is also in a thick plastic bag. Sneakers were delivered to me by one of the delivery services - on top of the package there was also their packaging, which I did not save. In general, you can safely order online, they will take everything safe and sound.
03At the end of the box there is a sticker on which you can find out which particular model of sneakers are inside, find out the size and materials of which the sneakers are made. The box, by the way, is of very good quality - you can easily keep sneakers in it in the winter.
04. Open the box! Yes, here they are"Two balls", model 1969- the sneakers are packed in wrapping (as they say - “crafting”) paper, inside each one there is a paper filler so that the shoes keep their shape during transport.
05. Get sneakers out of the box. The lower part of the shoe is made of wear-resistant vulcanized rubber, and the top is made of dense natural fabric. To the touch the fabric is very durable, I think it will not be easy to break this.
06. Let's look at the details and execution. On one side of the sole there is an inscription "Two balls", made in the original font.
07. The toe of the shoe is rubberized. Useful if you play football or like to walk on wet grass)
08. The sole of the gym is green, with an embossed pattern of two balls - basketball and volleyball.
09. On the inner side (facing the other leg) of each shoe, there is a white rubber circle, which performs the function of protecting the ankle in active sports.According to Yevgeny Raikov, all rubber parts of the recreated “Two balls” are molded manually, and the sneakers themselves pass through about 40 pairs of hands in the production process. Well, this can be believed - a pair of sneakers assembled very high quality.
10. It can not but rejoice in the attention to details with which the manufacturer approached the production of footwear - look, even the aluminum tips ("pistons") of the laces are made with the signature word "Two balls". What is interesting is that the laces themselves are not polister, but cotton ones are exactly the same as in the original sneakers. These laces are better drawn and, so to speak, "keep the shape."
11. On the tongue inside each shoe, you can see such a stamp on which the materials of the shoe, size, size on the insole, article and country of manufacture are indicated - as in Soviet times, sneakers are made in China.
12. And now the promised surprise! For comparison with the modern “Two Balls” sneakers, I found the real ones, the very “sneakers from the Soviet years - this pair of“ Two Balls ”belonged to my elder brother Misha and was released around 1987-88.
13. This is how modern sneakers look next to vintage ones - everything is very similar, except that instead of the inscription “Two balls” in the original there were hieroglyphs, and the white tape along the laces has a slightly different shape of a bend closer to the toe.
14.Let's take a look at the fabric — it's cotton, and it's almost identical to the touch and weave of old sneakers — except for the fact that in the old model the fabric is, of course, more worn. The color is also similar - you need to make a discount on the fact that vintage sneakers for 30 years have faded dramatically and become more lilac.
15. We compare the front part of different generations of “Two balls” - everything is almost identical here. Sock tread pattern, recognizable red stripe - everything is very similar. I would even say - completely identical.
16. Let's take a look inside, here, too, everything is the same - an insole of light dense cotton fabric, on which a print of the “two balls” logo and size is applied.
17. But the soles are different - in the original “two balls” there was such a trellis protector, and in the new replica there was a sole with a pattern of balls. However, as for me, this is a permissible and in some way even curious change - the sneakers will leave a very interesting and unusual footprint on the ground. Plus, the new sneakers are not two, but three whole layers of depreciation and orthopedic support for the foot - which, of course, had a positive effect on the “flight qualities” of the shoes)
18. And yet a slight technological difference - the aluminum ring in the old Soviet gym shoes was broken, and in the new ones it was a solid one. I think this is due to a change in riveting technology.And what else is interesting - in the new sneakers a much higher quality aluminum, which does not paint white cotton laces.
19. Sneakers fit and comfortable on their feet.
20. In “Two Balls” you can play volleyball, football, walk in the woods or go to all sorts of trendy hipster parties - in such shoes you definitely attract attention.
21. Or you can just remember childhood - which, whatever one may say, is always with you.
And now attention) Only until September 20You can order sneakers "Two Balls" with a discount of as much as 50%! Be sure to cometo the company website- there are many other models of the same shoes:
In the comments write - did you wear sneakers "Two goals" during the USSR? What were your impressions? It is interesting to read.