What is reconstruction: the concept and purpose of the procedure
Any building has a limited service life, therefore, after a short period of time, it deteriorates, which requires quality repairs. If it is not carried out, it will lead to an emergency condition of the structure, so it will not be possible to use it for living or working people.
Upon detection of such a state of the structure, it is necessary either to demolish it, or to perform high-quality work. Therefore, one should understand what reconstruction is and what processes it involves.
What is reconstruction? It is represented by a special complex of repair works, on the basis of which the characteristics and the general condition of the structure are improved, which makes it possible to use it for a long time for living or other purposes.
It is carried out only on the basis of a pre-formed project, and also qualified and experienced specialists are invited for this.
What houses are needed for work?
Reconstruction of the house is carried out for buildings that are in operation for a long time, so most of their major systems and parts are destroyed and in poor condition.
Not all buildings can be reconstructed, as it is often impossible to perform optimal repair work, so the only solution would be to demolish the building.
What is the process?
What is reconstruction? It is represented by a complex of works, accompanied by certain nuances:
- the process may not affect the facade of the building, so its appearance does not change;
- works with the bearing parts of the house are necessarily performed, therefore the foundation is strengthened or replaced, and the walls are being repaired;
- complete overhaul related to communication networks;
- if it is necessary to carry out the process with respect to a cultural monument, it cannot affect the appearance of the facade of the building or its rooms;
- for other buildings, it is allowed to even build various extensions.
Reconstruction of the building may involve the performance of various works that depend on the state of the structure.
Before direct work, the preliminary steps are performed:
- reveals whether a particular structure does not have historical value;
- a building survey is performed to determine which parts and elements need to be repaired or replaced;
- decide which specialists will be involved in this process;
- based on the results of the inspection, a special document is drawn up, according to which a conclusion is drawn up containing the main list of activities necessary to eliminate various broken or broken parts of the building;
- a package of documents is being prepared for reconstruction, which is coordinated with various government agencies;
- a reconstruction project is being formed, according to which all necessary work is carried out when obtaining a permit.
The project can be started only after it has been agreed with the regional administration, the SES, the fire inspectorate, the Emergencies Ministry or other government agencies.
What is necessarily included in the reconstruction?
During this process, certain changes are made to the structure, which can be represented:
- the adjustment of the construction or size of the roof, walls or floors, as well as the entire structure;
- changing the size of the structure;
- creating an add-on or eliminating the top floor;
- the formation of additional openings;
- changing the area of different rooms in the building;
- glazed facade in an industrial way.
All work is carried out only on the basis of the project of reconstruction and development of the building, formed by exceptionally experienced professionals. This requires accurate calculations and analysis, since the works affect the main structural parts of the building, so if they are wrong, it can lead to the destruction of the house.
Nuances of reconstruction in private houses or apartments
The procedure can be carried out in relation to an apartment building, so an extension in the form of a balcony can be created for the apartment. An additional room can be formed on the first floor with permission. In the attics can be settled loft, which guarantees additional space to stay.
When carrying out the reconstruction of a private residential building, it is taken into account how strong and reliable the walls, foundation and ceilings are. Works can contribute to a complete change in the appearance and purpose of the rooms.Due to the reconstruction, it is possible to improve the comfort of living in the building or to improve its appearance.
In certain situations, it is much easier and more affordable to demolish an old house and erect a new building in its place.
Reconstruction may be holistic, in which virtually all major parts of the structure are affected, or fragmented. In the latter case, repairs are made in respect of only a specific element of the building. The most frequently presented fragmentary reconstruction is the repair of a roof or foundation.
The second variant of the process is considered cheaper, but quite often a complete procedure is required, which allows to significantly improve the exterior and interior of the building, as well as to increase the comfort of its use.
Thus, having figured out what reconstruction is, you realize that it is represented by a complex of complex works in relation to an old building, in which the main parts are destroyed or fail. When it is carried out, the area of the structure or other important characteristics of it changes. The procedure is carried out only if there is agreement and preparation of a special project.